Here is a beautiful project of Bible Lace Cover set, we've prepared especially towards Christmas. This kind of set and a new Bible can be a wonderful gift for Christmas. Or, you may do the cover for your own Bible. Hope you like the idea! Here is how the ready set looks (instructions follow):
Supplies & Tools List:
NON-stretchy polyester embroidery thread and bobbins, preferably in identical color. Water-soluble fabric A piece of medium to heavy weight NON-slippery fabric for the cover. Preferably monocolor. Temporary spray adhesiveWide ribbon for bookmarks, in same color like the cover fabric, or in contrasting color.Sharp scissors. Construction thread, in matching color to fabric. Textile pencil, or anything that can replace it (a piece of chalk etc).
1. Measure height, width and depth of your Bible.
2. Using those measurements, draw a paper pattern and transfer it to fabric. You may mark the fabric using textile pencil, or a sharp piece of white soap. Mark the corner of Cover front, back and side areas, like this photo shows:
3. Hoop water-soluble backing and position the Bible BACK side of fabric over the backing, exactly in the middle of hoop, according to your marks.
4. Embroidering the first thread of design called "Bible Cover Back Insert", following thread change list. The first thread of this design should outline an oval area of fabric, which you should cut out later, like this:
5. When first thread is embroidered, take out the hoop and cut out the oval area of fabric (KEEP the water soluble backing!).
6. Return the hoop to embroidery machine, and embroider the rest of design.
7. Embroider the rest of designs for the project ( "Bible Cover Front" and "Bible Cover Edge") on water-soluble backing (do NOT wash it away meanwhile).
8. Position the "Bible Cover Front" embroidery exactly in the middle of cover front, and secure with sewing pins.
9. Sew the embroidery to fabric, using your sewing machine, with regular running stitch.
10, 11. Turn the cover with wrong side to you, and cut out the outlined square of fabric under the lace design:
12. Use a tiny zig-zag stitch on the edges of fabric near the cut from the lace side.
13. Repeat steps 8 to 12 with "Bible Cover Edge" design. It should be sewn to cover edge area, like this:
14. Here is how the wrong side of book cover looks, after completing all the above steps:
15. Sweep off the fabric edges around the cover:
16. Fold the "pocket" areas:
17. Sew them down. And then turn inside out.
18. Finish the cover regular way.
19. Cover is ready. Now put it aside, and move to making the bookmarks. Hoop water-soluble fabric and mark its center:
20. Take a wide ribbon in color that matching your cover fabric. Attach it exactly in the middle of the hoop, using temporary adhesive spray. Let the spray dry.
21. Make sure that the design for decorating bookmark is centered in hoop.
22. Embroider the design and repeat the same steps with the other 2 bookmarks. Finish edges of each bookmark the way you would like. When embroidery and sewing is finished, attach one lacy ornament to the bottom side of each bookmark. Ready! You may leave the bookmarks as they are, or sew them to Bible cover.
23. Here is how the ready cover and bookmarks look:
24. You may do a matching storage bag for the bible, using the other lace designs from Bible Lace set. The technique for embroidering the designs and sewing them into project is identical. Here is an example of ready bag:
To make similar projects, make sure you have the following supplies available:Christian Bible Lace machine embroidery designs. Strong, NOT stretchy polyester thread.Water-soluble backing - preferably fabric-type water-soluble stabilizer.Temporary adhesive spray.