This cherry-flavored cake cozy project, with the complete instruction, was kindly provided by Lucinda Fowinkle. Lucinda, thank you so much for sharing!!!
Lucinda also prepared a detailed instruction, showing how to fulfill this remarkably stylish, yet easy-to-implement idea. Here's a photo of ready cozy, and the instruction follows:
Nothing is better than the gift of home-baked goodies, but a disposable foil cake pans are not the most attractive gift. This cozy dresses-up the pan and can be reused by the gift recipient to carry a potluck dish.
To make the cozy to fit an 8 in x 8 in x 1.5 in pan with lid, the following supplies are needed:
5/8 yd checked fabric
5/8 yd coordinating lining fabric
1/4 yd contrasting embroidery square fabric
5/8 yd fusible interfacing stabilizer
1/2 yd rick-a-rack
1 inch covered button
1. Cut checked fabric & coordinating lining fabric into 19 inch squares.
2. Stabilize, hoop & embroider design on contrasting fabric. Remove from hoop and cut an 8 in x 8 in diamond shape with design centered.
3. Fuse interfacing to checked square.
4. Baste embroidered square to one corner of the checked square. Sew rick-a-rack along inside edge of embroidered square.
5. With right sides together, sew the checked square and lining together leaving an opening to turn right-side-out. Hand stitch opening and press.
6. Make a button hole on the corner with the embroidery design. Sew a covered button to the opposite corner.
7. On the remaining corners, attach Velcro to create a lapped closure.
8. Place around pan adjusting Velcro to fit snugly.
9. To make the cover reversible, add a button to the other side of the cozy. Another embroidery pattern (monogram of the gift recipient) can also be added to the lining to dress-up to reverse side.